Ah, summer. As the temperature heats up and humidity sets in, this time of year can be a little stressful when you’re trying to keep cool. Although we may feel like tossing our bras out the window and heading to the shore, everyday life doesn’t always permit such a luxury!
Although I love the beautiful East Coast summers, the heat can interfere with my zen and overall comfort level. It’s difficult to feel polished and put together when you’re overheating on your way to work, stuck on public transit, or simply running errands in 90 degree air.
I recently found a new way to beat the heat in addition to smoothies, beach days and lounging on the front porch. I discovered Warner’s colorful Play It Cool collection, which have been my go-to bras for the past couple of months.
These bright bras come in a few different styles to give my basic black style a pop of color, while regulating my body temperature and keeping me comfortable! I also love the wireless design and CHILL FX™ lining that wicks away moisture to keep me cool.
Thanks to bra fitter and lingerie expert Kimmay Caldwell, I also learned a few great tips to find the best fit and style for you, too.
- Make time to try on each bra before purchase. We know this is painful, but like breasts, one size can vary from the other.
- Re-Fit once a year. Whether you measure yourself or get a professional fitting, it’s important to stay in touch with your bust.
- Support from the bottom up. The majority of support comes from the band (not the straps!), so if it is not fitted properly, you may experience sagging or digging in. You should be able to slip two fingers underneath the back of the band if it fits properly.
- It’s normal for your bra to stretch out. Since bras are typically made of elastic, they will stretch over time. It’s best to start with the outermost rung on your new bra and as it wears, move to the middle, then the tightest.
- Don’t settle, don’t sacrifice!
Whether you’re looking for a new bra to compliment your wardrobe or are seeking a style to help with the heat, check out the Warner’s and Olga options for your own bra-blems. You can find styles that are comfortable, eliminate sleevage and look great under clothes- even when you’re just relaxing at home.