It’s been fun to dress my new apartment with holiday decor!
For the past three years I haven’t taken the time to decorate- or couldn’t- because I was sharing my home with roommates. Now that I’m back in Traverse City with a home of my very own, I’ve finally been able to invest in pieces that I can keep (and store!) for years to come.
I always like to opt for a minimalist look, so my “less is more” mentality holds true during the Christmas season.
I found pieces that both fit my personality and style while getting into the holiday spirit- right down to the painting of a blonde girl driving a red car donned with gifts and a wreath.
It’s officially less than a month until Christmas, and I fully intend to enjoy my festive home until January.
I would love to see how you’ve decorated this year!
It’s the small things in life that bring the biggest joy.
“Living beautifully” is my MO, from engaging in self care to noticing all of the lovely things around me. Living mindfully has helped me appreciate life on a whole new level, and it doesn’t take much to live a beautiful life.
Here are a few things that will help you live beautifully, too.
1. Go for a morning walk. Whether you are able to enjoy time in nature or breathe in the city air, being outside lifts your spirits and gets you moving in the morning.
2. Arrange a bouquet- either from your front yard or the local florist- to display at home. There’s nothing like fresh flowers to brighten your soul and create a stylish home.
3. Create a cozy environment with pieces near and dear to your heart. Our outer world is a reflection of our inner world! Adding personal touches is important when decorating your little zen den.
4. Indulge in a tasty tea or hibiscus drink the next time you go out for errands. Even day-to-day tasks such as going to the bank or post office can be fun when you have something to look forward to.
5. Use a pretty day planner. I LOVE crossing items off my to-do list, and having a cute agenda makes daily life less daunting.
6. Embrace your inner goddess by creating a self-care routine each morning. I invested in a Jade roller, cocoa butter cream, and luxurious face serum to start my morning off right after taking a shower. Bring the spa home!
7. Drink from your favorite cup. I have a great variety of mugs and glasses to make my morning coffee or seltzer water feel like a special treat. Enjoy it!
What do you do to live beautifully? Let me know!
I’m continuously baffled by the things that come out of other people’s mouths.
You can keep your opinion, but I don’t need it.
I’m talking about the small, petty things- things that are meant to critique others, bring them down, or to question themselves. I won’t get too deep, but I’ll give a few examples that I heard in the past week:
“You should grow your hair out.”
“You should go without makeup.”
“You should wear more color.”
You know what I have to say?
“You need to stop shoulding on me.”
I struggle to recall times I’ve given such annoying suggestions to people. I’ve never urged someone to change their style or to do something different with their appearance. It’s just petty and, quite frankly, mean.
If people try and change the person you love (YOU!) then I would begin to question the people you surround yourself with. My real friends like me for me- and those people love me for my black wardrobe, blonde bob, and pink lipstick.