Over the past couple of years I have carefully thought about my priorities, goals, and values. While I’ve cleared away the things that no longer serve me, I’ve made one major mistake without even realizing it:
I’ve thought too much about the things I don’t want.
Instead of simply visualizing the things I do want, I’ve equally focused on what I don’t want my life to look like.
- I don’t want a conventional life
- I’m not looking for a relationship
- I don’t want to have children
- I don’t want to work a “business job”
- I don’t want my life to revolve around money
Although these things are good for self awareness, I have focused on how I don’t want my life to look instead of how I do.
It’s important to be honest with ourselves- but once we do, we can let those thoughts go.
Instead, I can think:
- I want to live a life of inner freedom
- I am open to a relationship when the time is right
- I will be happy living a life independently while empowering and inspiring others
- I will focus on my creative endeavors
- I am grateful for all that I have
Although these messages are essentially the same, it’s opening my life to abundance, not the “don’t wants.” The Universe gets confused when we say “don’t.” Instead, it’s picking up our keywords. The universe is hearing “corporate,” “relationship,” and “conventional,” not the “don’t” part- just like Google would if we were to do an online search.
As you think, speak, and write, remember this little lesson. You’ll be surprised how many times a day you’re sending mixed signals that are blocking what you do want- so be mindful of those thoughts.
I promise, you will see a difference. 💞